2010年4月17日星期六

The 10 Most Dangerous Foods to Eat While Driving

We all know that driving and eating is probably not the smartest thing, although decidedly less risky than other things…say, driving while making love (not that I’d know). In order to save time in this fast paced world we’ve all been guilty of it, the eating in the car…not the sex.
They claim the bad habit of munching while navigating traffic can lead to an average increase of 25% in your insurance costs and that most accidents associated with this behavior are rear-ending the car in front of you. In general 80% percent of crashes and 65% of near-crashes involve driver distraction…well I don’t think I needed a study to tell me that.

1. Coffee
Obviously the number one item that people will be consuming in their rides next to soda or another drink. This would pull the top spot due to the temperature and the fact that you can never seem to get that lid on their quite right and just as you’re running through a yellow light it spills all over your good khakis.


2. Hot soup
I’m not sure who is consuming “hot soup” in the cars, not to mention who eats “cold soup”, but I guess I can see why this would make the list…in the same way that maybe eating sushi with chopsticks really should have been number one.

3. Tacos
I have never in my life managed to eat an entire hard shell taco without it at some point falling apart and creating a messy pile in the wrapper. This, I imagine, is why they make the list. Try doing that while weaving around Grandma Florida Plates and you’ll be feeling it in the Sundon’tshine State.

4. Chili
This one seems the most strange to me. Who is eating chili while driving? I have never personally, nor do I know anyone else who has. Matter of fact, I don’t think I’ve ever seen another driver partaking in a bowl either. I have seen drivers eating cereal and milk with spoon and all…now why was that not included here?

5. Hamburgers
Now this one I believe most all of us have gotten away with. A big problem here is the grease that can get on your grubby paws and transfer over to the steering wheel. Just as you’ve got to swerve out of the way of the Civic with “Student Driver” plastered all over it…the wheel slips through your fingers and you’re now learning your lesson.

6. Barbecued food
Again…another weird one. Who eats ribs while driving? I mean…I can clearly see why eating barbecue while you’re heading down to the local swap meet can be precarious, I just don’t know who is doing it. If I had to pick my poison though…I choose a nice BBQ pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw on a kaiser roll…I’m just saying.

7. Fried chicken
Another problem with grease on the digits but this I can sympathize with. Who in their right mind can get all the way home without digging into that bucket of the Colonel’s Chicken with his delicious blend of 11 herbs and spices…it’s almost like KFC is asking for a lawsuit.

8. Jelly or cream-filled donuts
This makes sense as I’m always dropping off my dry cleaning with at least one stain from a Boston Cream filled long john induced disaster. No fail…happens every time. You’d figure I’d have learned to wait until at least the traffic came to a stand still. Oh Dunkin’ how I have a love/hate relationship with thee.

9. Soft drinks
This of course is the item which most every single person has done and probably done the most often. I would say this makes the list because of it’s prevalence. A point to certainly make is that the safest route would be to never eat or drink anything while operating a vehicle of course….but where’s the challenge in that? My life is too boring not to add death possibilities to mundane tasks. That’s why I always open my mail with a Ginsu while blindfolded perched atop my bar stool.

10. Chocolate
This I can see especially if it’s a nutty chocolate bar…say a Snickers or a Baby Ruth. Peanuts dropping in your lap and all. Other than that really I’m not quite sure how this is considered top 10 worthy. I would have thought maybe French fries would have been able to slip into this spot. If I may go out on a limb here…I would say that it seems women eat more chocolate than men…and if you extrapolate that further…nevermind, I’ll stop there.
[Source: http://topcultured.com]

0 评论:

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP